Head of Caritas Austria Office South Sudan (m/f/d)
Yambio, South Sudan (minimum of 8 months in-country) 3 years Direct Management of 13 national staff as soon as possible
Region: Wien Arbeitsbereich: Auslandshilfe Ausmaß: Vollzeit
EU citizenship or working permit for Austria a must.
Caritas Austria supports development and humanitarian work within the framework of long-standing partnerships with ecclesiastical and civil society organizations in defined partner regions. Caritas supports them in their work and helps to find ways out of poverty for disadvantaged people and enables them to live in dignity. The international work of Caritas Austria focuses on the three thematic priorities: ?Future without hunger? and ?Future for children and young people? and ?Humanitarian Aid?.
Ihr Aufgabenbereich:Scope of duties:
Caritas Austria has been supporting programs of partner organizations in South Sudan since 2011. In 2016 Caritas Austria has been registered as an international organization in South Sudan and established the Caritas Austria South Sudan Office in Yambio with a team of 13 staff. The Head of Office leads the programme in South Sudan and manages the Caritas Austria South Sudan Office. A minimum of 8 months in-country is necessary. He/She reports to Head of Program Unit Africa in Caritas Austria Headquarters.
Your main tasks are:
Strategic Leadership: Provide leadership and direction in the strategic development and implementation of development and humanitarian programs at country level, in line with Caritas Austria’s strategic objectives, and strategies. Implementation and annual reporting on the Caritas Austria country strategy for South Sudan.
Program development with partner organisations: Support of Caritas Austria partner organizations in the design, implementation and reporting of projects and programs.
Management of the Caritas Austria Office South Sudan: Management of the office in Yambio: administration, finance, HR management, security management, training and coaching;
Representation/communication: Act as prime spokesperson for Caritas Austria in country with all external stakeholders, networking with other agencies and constant dialogue with potential institutional donors in South Sudan.
Wir erwarten:You bring along:
- University degree in a relevant subject area
- At least five years of relevant work experience in development or humanitarian aid
- Experience in a leadership and senior management position
- Experience in running a country office
- Demonstrable experience or knowledge of one or more of the following sectors: food security & climate change, education; income generation, humanitarian aid, peace building, civil society strengthening
- Demonstrable experience of working to attract institutional donor funding and of managing large and complex donor grants.
- Experience of managing teams in a multi-cultural environment and playing a leadership role in ensuring cohesiveness, inclusion and development of staff at all levels.
- Availability to spend at least 8 months of in-country presence/ year
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- High commitment to promote innovation
- Understanding of, and empathy with, the role of the Catholic Church in development
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and financial systems
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English,
- Fluent German is an additional asset
- A full valid driving licence
Wir bieten:Caritas offers:
- A basic salary between € 2,637.80 and € 3,031.40 gross; additionally a delegate allowance of 25% of the basic salary. Possibility to apply for exemption of Austrian income tax for the time spent in South Sudan.
- Per diems of daily 43€ when in South Sudan
- You have the option of choosing between 37 and 38 hours per week as a full-time
- position. At 38 hours per week, the gross monthly salary is 2.7 % higher than at 37 hours per week.
- Accomodation when in South Sudan
- Further education and training opportunities
- Three additional days off
- Two additional days of holiday from the second year of holiday (based on a 5-day week)
Please send your CV and motivation letter in English as well as copies of relevant certificates and recommendation letters. Applications will be treated confidential.
We look forward to receiving your application!