Our team of asylum law lawyers advise and support refugees in their asylum cases and on any other legal issues which are connected to their asylum cases. The advice is free of charge.
We offer personal advice and support you regarding any legal questions in asylum or migration matters. As part of this advice we can assess your prospects of receiving leave to remain in Austria. Furthermore we can inform you about the necessary administrative procedures, the legal situation in your individual case, and can explain the effect and meaning of any decisions made by the immigration authorities. We can also draft and lodge documents with the authorities to ensure that your rights in your case are protected
- Clarification of the perspectives in your asylum claim.
- Information regarding your individual legal situation
- We can prepare you for your asylum interview in front of the asylum and immigration authorities or in front of the court..
- We can draft any necessary documents or appeals.
- We can explain decisions made by the authorities or courts in your asylum or migration case.
- Depending on our capacity we may be able to offer you continuous support in your legal case.
You need help?
Our legal advisers are available in the Caritas Asylum Advice Centre during the opening times.
Once our daily capacity is full we can no longer accept any more cases. Therefore we suggest that you arrive early at the asylum centre.
Please make sure you bring all relevant documents with you.
We have translators and therefore are able to advise you in the following laguages in addtion to German: Russian, Dari/Farsi, arabic, kurdish, chinese and somali.
For questions regarding residency and citizenshio rights please contact the Caritas Migration Law legal team.
Other organisations offering legal advice in Austria can be found on the homepage of the UNHCR.
Legal Advice Service
No legal advice is given on the phone; available from
Mo-Fr from 09:00 until 13:00
Asylum and Migration Law Advice
By appointment only.