Junior Communication and Donor Liaison EU Aid Volunteer in Marsabit/Kenya
Die Österreichische Caritaszentrale stellt die Menschen mit ihren vielfältigen sozialen Bedürfnissen in den Mittelpunkt ihrer Arbeit. Unterschiedlichkeit und Vielfalt schätzen wir auch bei unseren MitarbeiterInnen.
This position is one of 6 Volunteer positions that Caritas Austria is advertising under the REACH project (EU Aid Volunteers: Caritas European Action for Resilience and Effective Humanitarian Response). The REACH project is part of the EU Aid Volunteer (EUAV) initiative, and is funded by the EU?s Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). It is a 24-month project aimed at strengthening local capacity for disaster preparedness, disaster response, protection mainstreaming and resilience-building. Therefore the Austrian Caritas Central is looking for a Junior Communication and Donor Liaison EU Aid Volunteer in Marsabit/Kenya from 22.5.2018 until 30.6.2019.
1. Strengthening PACIDA’s Visibility, Communication Strategy and Social Media Presence
- Enhancing PACIDA’s capacities in public communication and other relevant media strategies to disseminate and promote the organization’s work and advocacy efforts for the marginalized pastoralist and agro-pastoralist populations in Marsabit County
- Assisting PACIDA to develop, adopt and implement a communication and media strategy for the organization in close exchange and cooperation with PACIDA’s Communication Unit and PACIDA’s executive level
- Strengthening PACIDA’s social media presence, web-based performance, web-based fundraising and public communication strategies.
- Enhancing the organization’s media strategy to increase its public presence in conventional media, such as national newspapers, radio and TV broadcasts, etc.
- Assist in designing and producing both print and online PACIDA promotional and communication materials, including success stories, articles, videos, newsletters, factsheets, brochures, marketing materials, etc. in line with Head Office, donor guidelines and the needs of the PACIDA team for different audiences (donors, public audiences, etc.)
- Assisting PACIDA in data collection, geo-mapping, surveys and interpretation of collected data for transparent and open communication of the organization’s work and advocacy effort
2. Enhancing PACIDA’s Donor Relation and Local Networking Activities
- Enhancing PACIDA’s national and international donor relations to further develop synergies, coordination and future funding opportunities for the organization’s humanitarian and development programs
- Enhancing the links to PACIDA’s local strategic partners such as the local NGO network MIO-Net (including involvement in strategy development discussion of MIO-Net through PACIDA’s membership link to also enhance MIO-Net’s national and international donor relation activities and networking activities)
- Support and build the capacity of PACIDA staff in developing high impact stories and materials
Before deployment to PACIDA, the selected EU Aid Volunteer will complete:
- A joint 2-day induction with all selected EU Aid Volunteers across the REACH consortium with Caritas Europa in Brussels;
- A 6-week apprenticeship in the Caritas Austria Office, Vienna, Austria from 22.5.-30.6.2018. The apprenticeship will provide a solid grounding in Caritas Austria’s organisational mandate, values and ways of working; relevant technical and sectoral areas of work; the in-country development and humanitarian context; roles, responsibilities and expectations for Volunteers, mentors and line managers; communications, human resources and security policies and procedures; as well as support with all pre-departure preparations.
- University Degree (Development Studies, Social Sciences, Journalism or similar)
- Up to 5 years of working experience
- Thorough understanding of issues around humanitarian aid, development cooperation, capacity development and partnerships
- Basic understanding of WASH, Pastoralism, Climate Change Adaptation, Conflict Management and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including good public presentation skills, a strong capacity for effective teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision; strong relationship - building skills, evidence of strong analytic skills
- Strong experiences in writing articles, social media content management or similar activities
- Strong computer literacy and knowledge in new media
- Excellent spoken and written English (Fluent in German is an advantage)
- Managing oneself in a pressured and changing environment (cultural sensitivity)
- Flexible and active personality
- Ability to ride a motor bike is an advantage
- Willingness to travel frequently
Working and living conditions:
The EU Aid Volunteer will receive a monthly allowance, as set by the EU:
- €541,36 per month whilst in Austria;
- €362,29 per month whilst in Kenya.
In addition, you will also be provided with accommodation; return flights; pre- and post-deployment health check-ups; visa and vaccination costs; health insurance; a resettlement allowance at the end of the deployment; and basic equipment, including laptops and phones for work, for the duration of the deployment. Transportation, accommodation and per diems will be provided for all work-related travel.
The apprenticeship will take place in Caritas Austria’s office in Vienna, Austria. Once deployed, the EU Aid Volunteer will be based in PACIDA’s office in Marsabit, with travel to field locations.
Shortlisting and interviews are expected to take place between 19.03. and 23.03.18.
Please note that only completed applications that are submitted through Caritas Wien link will be considered.
Applications MUST include:
- Completed EUAV application form;
- CV in Europass format;
- Completed EU Aid Volunteer self-assessment questionnaire.
Closing date for applications: 22.03.2018
Werden Sie Teil der Caritas und ihrer Vielfalt. Bewerbungen von Menschen mit Behinderung sind ausdrücklich erwünscht! Bitte klicken Sie auf "Jetzt bewerben!", registrieren Sie sich und übermitteln uns damit Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Bewerbung!